Wednesday 9 March 2016

Battlewagons 1

Following the previous theme of Looted Wagons, I felt I needed a Land Raider Battlewagon, any Ork Deffskull Warband isn't complete without one!

Again this was picked up cheap on eBay badly assembled, in the typical Ork fashion I tore it apart and started rebuilding it.

Land Raider Battlewagon:




Due to already having a couple of Battlewagon kits, I utilised a lot of parts from one of them and came up with this design. 

With the remainder of the kit I wanted to do something different with the next Battlewagon and came up with the idea of a Double Tracked Battlewagon.

Double Tracked Battlewagon:




I chopped the front wheel mount areas of both chassis off and glued both track mounting sections together to form the new chassis. 

I had to lengthen the rear bed slightly due to the new chassis length, so built both rear beds and then chopped them where seemed best and glued them in place. I made the 'ard Case removable and had to lengthen it slightly to match the bed.


There were a few gaps here and there but some plasticard and Orky plating will fix that.





Whilst building the cab I then had the thought of bulding an interior with full 'gubbins and worky bits' so made the roof removable.

The rest of it has been built pretty much as it comes out the box.

Since these pictures I have done a little bit more to it, so look out for the next update!



No comments:

Post a Comment